LIES, CHEATS, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!.
Quick summary: Pontoon rentals for 4hrs and 20 ppl boarding. One pontoon holds 11 ppl max, so we got 2. Made first payment to book for 2 pontoons for the time and day. Second payment was for the additional hours we wanted. Third payment was paid on the day we went, but worker did not give good reason as to why. He just said that second payment didn't go thru.
*Worker #1 I spoke to that day of, but Worker #2 was the one I spoke to previous and made reservations with.
1) First decided to go on the 2 hr rental only, but changed the hours to the 4 hr rental.
2) Our reservations was from 6-10 and they wanted us to arrive 45 mins prior to 6 to fill out paper work. But, got there at 5 and they told us that our reservations was at 7 and only one pontoon was available at the time. So arrived early and waited for 2hrs.
3) Worker #2 lied telling me that the second payment I made by card was denied. So I had to pay an additional amount. (We weren't supposed to pay bc worker #1 said he'll let us have both pontoons for the prize we paid, and take it as a discounted prize since they messed up on our reservations)
4) I asked worker #2 if they had any type of confirmation over the phone or by person and worker said no, but when I asked for proof of receipts he was able to print them out for me. By the way, he was able to print all three separate payments. (Shouldn't they have printed and mailed the receipts in the first place? That was all he needed to give me for proof that I did pay otherwise none of this would have happened!)
5) Not satisfied at all as to what happened!
A very romantic setting. Heading out into the bay as the evening sky turns it's summer colors of red and gold.
The colorful city lights are aglow from afar lighting up the skyline and the two of you are seated in in a cozy cabin atmosfere. The dinner was delicious. Steak and shrimp, baked potatoe, very tender and juicy. The Captain of the boat, waiters and waitress's and the cooks work very hard to make this a very pleasant experience.
Beware! Edelweiss not Accredited by Better Business. Edelweiss (aka Milwaukee River Cruise) is not accredited by the Business Bureau and received a rating of "F" because they do not address consumer complaints. I personally experienced this when I prepaid for a cruise, and when I was unable to make it to the cruise on time due to my son's illness, Edelweiss would not consider adjusting my account. In fact, they inferred that it was my fault for not making it to the cruise on time.
truly unique dining experience. I recently went on the Thursday Night dinner cruise with my husband, and it was an amazing date experience! For only $50 we were provided with not only impeccable service but with a great meal and complimentary wine. The atmosphere is outstanding - the views are what made this night so special. Can't wait to go back!
Good place to hang out with friends!!!.
My friends and I have been on the Edelweiss a few times, and always have a great time!!! We are not big fans of the water street crowded bar scene, and have found this to be a great alternative. You can ride the boat for 20-25 dollars, and that usually includes some sort of drink special. i.e. the margarita cruises... all the margaritas you can drink, or the late night party cruises... which include all the miller lite you can drink!! It's not too crowded and the late night cruise even has a dj!
it's a great place to drink cheap, dance and have a great time with friends, all while enjoying the amazing milwaukee skyline from the water!!!
Most romantic setting in Milwaukee. I attended the Taste of the World Dinner Cruise and enjoyed it thoroughly. I went on a 2hr and 15 minute cruise for $75 and recieved a 5 course dinner and unvelievable views of Milwaukee's Downtown and Lakefront. I am from Chicago and The Edelweiss is far more interesting than what I have experienced in Chicago. Well worth it, and My date agreed.
An elegant three-course meal accompanies panoramic vistas during this upscale two-hour excursion into Lake Michigan..
Sip a cocktail as you cruise along the Milwaukee River through the historic heart of downtown. Then, savor fresh salmon with dill sauce or filet mignon au jus. Indoor and outdoor observation decks provide phenomenal views of the city skyline. The crowd is heavily mixed--with old, young and everyone in between. Cruises are regularly scheduled from spring through fall; inquire about special trips for fireworks viewing and Oktoberfest.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!